An EFL teacher discovering the whole new universe :)

January 22, 2006

Slovenia greets you all!

Hello my friends-to-be!

So, here we are. In Slovenia, a tiny but beautiful country.
There are only 2 mil people living in this small area, but you would be surprised to see what we have to offer. We are a modern and developed country, with plenty of tourist attractions to show off with :)
Our language is Slovenian and its specific is a dual form. It is one of the rare languages where already the verb tells you that two people love each other. Romantic indeed :)

Our greatest poet is France Prešeren (19th cent.), and for all poetry lovers, here comes some:
A Farewell to My Youth

O happier half of days decreed to me,
My early years, so soon you passed away:
Few were the flowers that blossomed on that tree,
And they, scarce budded, fell into decay.
Few were the rays of hope that I could see,
And storms would often rage in wild array;
Still, for my youth, dark though thy dawn may be,
My heart will ever cry, God be with thee!
...

I've been moving my home a bit around the country in the last years, so I feel frustrated having to choose my "hometown". Anyway, at the moment I am really fond of the capital - so, here it is, lovely in its winter clothing... Ljubljana!


Let that be all for today. I must admit I feel tired after my first blogging experience! :) But I enjoyed it very much. It's a good start, the start of something bigger. I know it is.

Hugs all around the world
sends
Anita







14 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Dear Anita,

You have a very beautiful little country indeed!

I enjoyed reading "Farewell to My Youth" as I am no longer as youthful as I once was and I love poetry :-)

Sharon
Boston

23/1/06 1:56 pm

 
Blogger Maria Claudia Bellusci said...

Hi Anita,
your first blog was worth the effort indeed. Your picture is beautiful and makes me want to know more about your country.
Congratulations!
Claudia (Argentina)

23/1/06 6:41 pm

 
Blogger Sus Nyrop said...

Dear Anitanita :-)

What a pleasure to come home from a long day at work, away from my neat little global office, to find your blog, so well done - and already with fresh comments from other co-bloggers.
Yes, this is going to work.

yours,

Sus

23/1/06 7:22 pm

 
Blogger Bee said...

Welcome to blogosphere, Anita. Congrats on your newly created blog and the beautiful pics. Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee

23/1/06 9:34 pm

 
Blogger Guy Jean said...

Great pic. Now I learn that Lubljana is in Slovenia. Well done, indeed, for introducing your country so neatly in a simple blog post.

28/1/06 1:36 pm

 
Blogger Anna said...

Wonderful blog, Anita!

29/1/06 4:47 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!

i really like what you hawe written about Slovenia.it is a beautiful country indeed.

greatings from Slovenia=)

Saraa

18/5/06 3:22 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hy, Anita :)
I liked what you had written about Slovenia. and I really love that picture of Ljubljana in winter...
Your blog is great....

Soo, will I get a good mark for this? :)

petra

18/5/06 3:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anita
It is a wonderful blog. Sovenia is very beautiful and I love this picture of Ljubljana.

Žiga
Slovenia

18/5/06 3:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anita

It's realy beatiful view and I'm proud to see it at least 1 time per month

18/5/06 3:25 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

18/5/06 4:38 pm

 
Blogger abb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

18/5/06 4:39 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anita,
I´m Enrique,also an English teacher from Spain.I´m 32.
By chance I found your blog,among a busy day teaching in secondary education,and preparing tasks and exams for myself.Last summer,i wento to Czech Rep,Germany,Austria and Hungary.This summer or December maybe to Taiwan.Some friends went to Slovenia in the past,maybe i go in the future as well.Of "Eastern" Europe,I only know Finland.
Anyway,must finish boring-and stressing work.I will learn from your blog,related bloggers and more.
My e-mail: enriquezahora@yahoo.com
Bye!
Enrique
PD: I once created -for a seminar two blogs about Spanish/English/Chinese Lang&Culture,I hardly even look at them.
Congratulations for your blog.

4/6/07 7:41 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you blogs it so ...... to the point

26/10/09 6:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home